"I've always called myself 'the little fat bloke'. Today I call myself 'lucky'.
Why? Because I'm alive.
"

Friday, June 11, 2010

Rested for the Final Push

A wet day in Calgary. I took a long drive from Banff down to Calgary. Tried to find somewhere to get a picture of Martin and myself on a horse but no luck. Walked around Calgary and found an Irish pub that will please Rob when he gets here. It was only six degrees so pretty chilly but Irish stew and a pint of the black stuff made us feel better. We had some time to kill before picking up Ann and Wendy from the airport. We shopped a bit at the Hudson Bay Company then it was off to the airport. It has been three weeks since I have seen Ann, we're not used to being apart for that long. It's our wedding anniversary on Saturday; I thought it was Friday.

Guess which one used to captain the Springboks

Money for accommodation always gets tight toward the end

Back to the diet

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary to Ann and Colin! Enjoy your special day.

    And if Colin only got the date wrong by one day, I think that is pretty good....

    Bob McLeod, in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete