"I've always called myself 'the little fat bloke'. Today I call myself 'lucky'.
Why? Because I'm alive.
"

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Hot Tub That Dare Not Speak Its Name

We spent Wednesday 9th June in Banff all day. Ended up staying around the cabin for most of the day owing to heavy rain. Walked around town for a bit but not a lot more. We did go into an art gallery; it will please Ann I did not buy anything. On a dull day where you think nothing is likely to happen, something did, another meeting of new friends. We asked a nice South African couple to take our picture (see blog entry below below) whilst canoeing. Later in the hot tub we had a bit of a "Small World" moment when this "Giant of a Man" turned out to be former Bok captain Theuns Stofberg. I hope to meet up with him again in Vancouver.

The justgiving.com donations are now up to 10k+; thanks to everyone for that. Kevin Leek sent me an e-mail which provided me with this little gem:

'History is how we view yesterday and tomorrow is a mystery. However today is a gift and that's why it's called the present.'

The squeamish should look away now

No comments:

Post a Comment