"I've always called myself 'the little fat bloke'. Today I call myself 'lucky'.
Why? Because I'm alive.
"

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Section 5 - Part 3 - Kamloops to Vancouver

Mileage leaving Kamloops 36,975, mileage arriving Kamloops 37,236, total driven 261 miles. Trip total: Halifax to Vancouver 4,390 miles.

I got to the Pacific and poured the Atlantic water that I had carried with me into the Pacific at a beach in Vancouver's Stanley Park. I walked in up to my neck, it was not as cold as the Atlantic. That's it finished; I would like to think of what I can say about the trip given a few days rest. The team on thelast day team ended up being Rob, Jeffrey, Paul, Herman and Martin. Ann was on the Rocky Mountaineer that broke down getting to Vancouver and got here five ours late.


Ann's train before it had a problem.
(We offered Martin's technical support but they turned it down)

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Congratulations to Colin and the entire team. What an excellent adventure. Well done.

    Bob McLeod - Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Colin on making your goal! Thank you again for allowing me to be a part of this great adventure!

    ReplyDelete