"I've always called myself 'the little fat bloke'. Today I call myself 'lucky'.
Why? Because I'm alive.
"

Saturday, June 19, 2010

End of the Road?

On Tuesday night we had the end of trip dinner at the Sandbar in Vancouver. After driving across Canada I knew I would get together with a few friends and family. This number grew considerably thanks to friends I made during the trip. The celebration included Canadians, South Africans, Americans and a German. The food was great and the mix of people worked so well. I managed, with a bit of help, to talk about my trip but I am sure I missed out so many people and places that I will be boring you all with it for years to come. Rob and Jeffery managed to let out the bag that 'They' are thinking about driving a large part of Australia in a 2CV in 2011. I am not sure what Ann thinks about it. The music from Steve and Lucie was great. I am trying to get them to come to Europe so I hope to lay something on for them as a way of saying thank you. I will get some photos to on the blog in the next few days.

I have now made it up to Whistler to hand the 2CV over to Lloyd. I am sure I am going to miss it. The 2CV ran so well for 4,500 miles; if ever you want to buy one look up Derek in the UK. I shall rest for a few days before travelling back to the UK next Wednesday. Sunday is Fathers' Day so I'm hoping to go out with the family.

Daughter-in-law Nenna with the next installment in the Craythorne clan - due in four weeks

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the completion of you trip have been following your progress and look forward to seeing you again when your back in Thailand
    Great Job Done Colin
    Regards
    Richard

    ReplyDelete