"I've always called myself 'the little fat bloke'. Today I call myself 'lucky'.
Why? Because I'm alive.
"

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Section 5 - Part 1 - Calgary to Golden

Mileage leaving Calgary 36,569 miles, mileage arriving Calgary 36,741, total driven 172 miles.

Approaching Kicking Horse Pass

I had a great meal last night with Ann, Wendy and Martin. It has started to warm up a bit so we could have our meal outside. Our hotel was just out of town on the west side and we all used the tram system to get in to town. It was a bit of an early night, the reason for that is that Martin and I were sharing a room and I have now found out he snores.

Rob, Paul and Jeffery arrived and were staying in the City centre. They goy up early to watch the Australia England Test Match from Perth. We all met up at our hotel to start the first leg to Golden; not a long trip but very hilly in places. Leaving at 6.00am Rob is now my co driver for the drive to Vancouver. For those of you who have not traveled with him, he does tend to sleep a lot. He was the same on this section. So he missed a lot of the fantastic scenery. Clear blue sky a little snow on the top, just amazing. One of the reasons for leaving early was to get to The Mad Trapper pub for the USA v England football match. Like all other Englishmen I thought it would be a walk in the park. With three Americans with me it was not the time for a 1-1 draw. So it's an early night

04.00 Kick-off in Calgary, not a great Test Match

Approaching the Continental Divide (at 35 MPH)

Mad Trapper in Golden; savouring Robert Green's goalkeeping Skills

Salads all around, very worrying

No comments:

Post a Comment